Monday, March 5, 2007

13 weeks

Wow, it looks so human compared to last time! This pic is from our Nuchal Transluscency test, which involves the doc measuring a few folds of skin on the back of the baby's neck to see if further tests for Down's Syndrome are indicated. (Apparently our baby has perfectly typical neck folds, so good.) It was really amazing to see the baby moving around and doing cute baby stuff... for about 15 minutes. Then the fact that I was lying down in a dark, quiet, room in the late afternoon in my first trimester began to catch up with me and I hate to admit it, but I fell asleep just a little bit in the second half of the test. So much for my endless maternal sense of wonder....

So what you are seeing here is a profile view of the baby's left side as it lays back in the womb. You can see part of the brain in the skull there (check, brain included. one part down, 1,999 to go...) and the white line that looks oddly like a pre-natal cigarette dangling from the baby's innocent mouth is actually a little arrow pointing at its nose.






No comments:

Post a Comment