Tuesday, June 26, 2007

from the mouths of babes

Like most modern people facing a life transition (wedding, birth, significant weight loss, etc.), we've turned to The Learning Channel for narcissistic succor. They play about 4 baby-related shows a day, so I tape them at least once a week and me and Eben watch them at night after work. It takes us about a week to get through one day's worth of baby-related programing!!

This afternoon on "A Baby Story," the featured birth-giver's older children were being interviewed about their baby sister on the way. A kindergartner managed to express exactly how I feel about our little baby, in just a few words. After a little squirming and shyness around the camera, he suddenly burst out with, "My-name-is-Cody-and-I'm-five-years-old-and, (deep breath) and I want the baby to come out of my mommy's tummyyyyyy!" The camera person asked, "Why do you want her to come out?" and the little boy simply said, "because I miss her!"

That's just how we feel about our little girl--we miss her! We miss her even though she hasn't been here yet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment