Monday, June 18, 2007

sneak preview


You know how occasionally, something happens that gives you the sense that you really are living in the future that you always thought we'd end up with? I mean, most of the time, when you think of what "2007" would have conjured up for you in grade school, you're like, "HEY--where's my jet pack?!?" But every once in a while you get the eerie feeling that the future is now.

That's how I felt in our 3-D ultrasound session. The session itself, which could be considered the baby's first experience with having her portrait made, was my birthday present this year from dear Eben. My mom was in town and able to attend, so that made it even more neat. Unlike doctor's office ultrasounds, which are mainly focused on less superficial things like assessing blood flow and looking around for the baby's liver, the whole point of this gratuitous "sneak peak" ultrasound was to indulge in looking at the baby's face and contemplating her cuteness. It was sort of a surreal feeling--to be seeing her--but also very special.

I have many pictures, but I'll just post this little yawn for the moment. Expect more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment