Wednesday, December 12, 2007

morning musings...

Every year at church the kids at our Neighborhood Youth Association (an episcopal charity) make requests for Christmas presents which our parishioners then supply. We always dig around for the kids who want video games. :-) This year, a 12-year old boy listed Eben's latest game as his number one choice! Eben picked up a copy and wrote a note explaining who he was and telling a bit about how the game was made. I can't help imagining what a neat surprise that will make!

I can't say why I decided to tell you about that, except for that this is a cold dark morning and Monroe has decided to sleep in. This is a HUGE treat for me, particularly because we're still working towards getting her napping reliably on her own during the day--she's a bit of a catnapper which makes it difficult to manage my chores, meals, etc. But this blessed morning, I'm already drinking my second cup of coffee! I've dressed, checked email, put away dishes, finished Christmas shopping, made a blog post, and much more! Now I can't wait for her to wake up so we can play. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I can see your smile in your comments about your wonderful morning, and that always makes me smile! And that little girl sitting up on the couch does, too!

    ReplyDelete