Thursday, April 24, 2008

tag-along nanny day






This is just a small part of the funny book several of my friends made for me for my birthday. They used a fashion catalog to create the tale of a fabulous-but-frazzled mother who wants to hide under the bed all day shopping for mail order shoes because her house is a mess and she hasn't seen her man alone in a really long time and she actually once fell asleep on the telephone. She is told by a tiny voice coming from a pile of baskets in a Moroccan market (the catalog had really weird pictures, so they had to just work with it) to get a lil' help from her friends instead of moving into the pillow fort thing under her bed for good.

Here are just a few of the lovely babysitting vouchers they gave me at the end of the story:





Today I used the above coupon for a "carry-all weekday shop-a-thon, mani-pedi tag-along nanny." My good friend Zoe came along with me on a day of girly errands. It was amazing--I needed some new makeup and was actually able to go to the counter and try on colors in peace instead of ordering on the internet in the middle of the night as usual. Monroe and Zoe had a blast playing while I made returns and deliberated over purchases in the mall, then they played outside while I got a manicure!

1 comment:

  1. You are blessed with really great friends, Sunshine!

    ReplyDelete