Sunday, July 13, 2008

Amsterdam

I'm finally catching up to some more pictures from The Netherlands

Here is me relaxing in our apartment in Utrecht before packing us up to head for Amsterdam.
Our apartment in Amsterdam was right over a charming little vegetable market. In the picture below, you see Eben under the awning of the veggie mart with Monroe.


Here's the marker for the door to our flat:
When the veggie shop was closed, we had to open the shop doors, then the door to our stairs, and then finally the door to the flat!

Here is the view from our front room:
Here I am by the back window:
On our first day we walked to the Dom, the main square of the city where the royal palace sits next to... a wax museum. :-)
This has to be the most fancy and beautiful building I've ever seen used as a mall!

Eben in front of Neiwe Kirk ("new church")

4 comments:

  1. I'm still waiting to hear what your presentation was on - I asked your mom ... but as you know she's much more concerned about how you are doing rather than what you are doing. So it would be interesting to know just what you were talking about over there. Thanks Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. That European lifestyle really seems to agree with all of you! I love it too, but I can never understand how any of them can afford it! Thanks for all of the interesting tidbits of your trip. We love all of you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I study middle school science education and I'm interested in the experiences that influence kids' feelings about science. For this talk, I studied two different classrooms using the same curriculum and compared the extent to which students and teachers in the two classes thought of what they were doing as "real" science.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that I finally know what you do! I have tried to explain it to people many times, but this explanation is better than any I have ever come up with! By the way, you look especially beautiful in these latest photos, and in the one by your comment. I love you very much.

    ReplyDelete