Sunday, August 31, 2008

Daily Gratitude

The nice thing about blogging is you can do it in your pajamas.

Today I am feeling grateful for this blog itself. I started it on a whim while I was pregnant--it just seemed more like a nice, efficient way of announcing the results of doctor's visits, etc. But it has become more than that. It is really an excellent way of keeping Monroe connected with all the special people in her life that are not here in our neighborhood. And it has been a nice way for me to chronicle all the amazing changes in our lives in the past year. Thinking about Monroe's upcoming birthday made me nostalgic, so last night I explored all my old posts and remembered all her precious phases and accomplishments.

For those who'd like to walk down memory lane with me, I've created a new category called "favorites: first year" to show some of my favorite posts from Monroe's first year of life. Sometimes it is the moment or event that the post represents which made that post a favorite, while in other cases it is something about the post itself, like a great photo or an observation that still really strikes me. To see the, you can click on the link in the beginning of this paragraph, or click the "favorites: first year" label under "Find it Here" on the left-hand side of the screen.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow.

    GREAT Grandpa Adams

    ReplyDelete