Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Milk, cream, cheese, and butter!!!


Great News!!

Monroe is over her dairy allergy!

CHEESE, ICE CREAM, PASTRY, here I come!!!!!

(So far, Monroe's been very sensitive to Casein, a protein found in milk products. We haven't been able to give her any food with milk ingredients of course, and she's been so sensitive that I haven't been able to have any milk, cheese, cream, yogurt, or butter while breastfeeding.)

We've occasionally tested to see if she's still sensitive. I'd consume a very small amount of dairy and we'd watch her for symptoms. Just after our return from The Netherlands, it seemed she was recovered. So I continued to slowly add dairy back into my life and it turns out she's OK!

Of course, I am mostly glad that Monroe won't have a life-long issue with dairy (there was only a small outside chance that she would.) But also, I am selfishly glad for ME that I get to eat an unrestricted diet again!!

my first scoop of ice cream in 10 months:

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! And thank God that Monroe won't have that to worry about! We love you all very much.

    ReplyDelete