Monday, June 8, 2009

Interview with Ms. M

I have neglected this little blog lately because we've been so busy. It is also sometimes difficult to put lots of energy into what essentially amounts to one-way communication. (I'd like it so much more if I could hear everyone else's stories too!) But I remind myself that with the distance, and the time zone difference, and the general pace of life, I will never get to have as many phone calls or ichats or in the flesh chats with my family and friends as I might like, and this medium DOES help keep me in touch with friends and family and it makes a few people (mostly grandparents) really happy.

So tonight, rather than neglect the blog further, I've turned to its subject, Monroe, for the content of this evening's post. I've been interviewing lots and lots of teachers and students for my job in the past six months, and I guess I have that format on the brain because tonight I grabbed one of the cameras we use for work and did a little spontaneous informal "interview" with my favorite person of all!


4 comments:

  1. This is the greatest video ever for several reasons! First, Monroe. Anything she is in, I will always buy a ticket. Next, the high quality interview technique. Great questions and answers! Finally, it was so much longer than all the rest, and it could have gone on for another 20 or 30 minutes! Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me wish I'd had a video camera when Bob was little. We did video our granddaughters and this makes me remember. Thanks!

    Great Aunt Geneva

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I have watched this video about 10 times now, several interesting observations have come up. First, I love it when she says "Sit down, mom" at the very beginning! Then she says "yeah" just like Melissa! Then, when she catches herself when she slightly mispronounces Max's name, I see wheels turning and synapses being formed! So many complete thoughts and words joined together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like when she says "No Jarlsburg!" like she doesn't want her cheese to be named that funky name. A future in marketing, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete