Saturday, October 17, 2009

precious ROEments

As we were walking across a sleepy Montana Avenue this morning on some errands, I told Monroe, "let's wave while we are in the cross walk so everyone sees us." She said, "Are you talking about Jesus?" because she misheard me. This led to a little conversation about Jesus, who--according to Monroe--"lives at church."

We talked about how we remember all the parts of Jesus' life, and that soon at Christmas we'll be talking about the story of when he was born. Monroe then proclaimed that "Baby Jesus will be at Grandma Nikki's house!"

I think she put this gem together because she's been told several times that we'll visit her grandma in St. Louis this year for Christmas. So you'd better get to work on that Grandma Nikki--apparently gingerbread houses and twinkle lights won't do, you are now expected to produce the baby Jesus as well. Tee Hee.

1 comment:

  1. It's always thrilling to be mentioned by Monroe in any context and this is one of the funniest and cutest things she has said but it really puts me in a bind. I'd better get on my knees for this one. I've never even seen Jesus before!

    ReplyDelete