Friday, December 11, 2009

christmas snuggles

Friday, December 11, 2009

Future Monroe,

It was just a normal Friday night. I had a head cold and was so exhausted after making you a mug of hot cocoa I gladly piled onto the couch for "A Charlie Brown Christmas."

To understand the joy that watching TV with you tonight brought me, you'll have to know that you'd never been a snuggly baby. Loving, sure--but not physically snuggly. You were independent and on the go! Even as a newborn, you loved to face out into the room, not towards my body. You'd resisted hugs and kisses your entire life. It was only when you were 2 and we started watching movies on the weekend that I really got some great snuggles. And tonight was the best on record.

You started the evening sitting on my lap, but you slowly melted further and further into me. Eventually, you twisted to face me, threw both arms around me, held on tight and said "mama" with a contented little sigh. There passed the best moment of my life so far.

Thanks for the hug,

Mommy

2 comments:

  1. YES THOSE SNUGGLES ARE THE SWEETEST IN THIS WORLD - WITH GRANDCHILDREN, TOO!

    GREAT AUNT GENEVA

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best moments of my life so far was when Amanda was very small, and I took you out for a walk while your mom got some sleep. I put you up on my shoulders, and you said, "you make me feel so tall, daddy!".

    ReplyDelete