Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Music to my ears

Today when I picked her up from school, Monroe leapt into my arms and said "I had a great day!"

Later on, when I asked if she was okay after pinching a finger, she said, "I'm not hurt, momma. Thank you for asking."

These charming instances of polite and friendly chit chat left me thinking, "Who said these twos would be terrible?" (Then I had to go knock wood to keep Monroe from transforming into a toddler-shaped beast at that very moment due to my unashamedly tempting fate with such thoughts!)

2 comments:

  1. She is emulating the way you and Eben interact around the house. She has learned to behave so well because you are both such kind, considerate people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that! And, let's not forget, there were NO "Terrible Twos" from Melissa or Amanda Adams, either!!...OK, I'm knocking on wood, too.

    ReplyDelete