Saturday, March 10, 2007

sugar or snails?

As anyone who has ever been pregnant knows, this is the phase when you encounter more bizarre folktales than at an other time in your life. Practically every day that I go to my office, my Korean co-worker Suna explains another reason why, according to classic myths, I am having a boy. I find all this very amusing.

Here, in no particular order, are some of the predictions that are out there regarding my baby's gender (these are just the predictions that require no physical effort on my part, as I do not have time to dangle strings over my belly or submerge parts of my body in water, etc. as prescribed by many methods.)

First of all, it's clearly a girl because:
  • I've been craving fruit

  • I am moodier than usual

  • When I add my age at the time of conception and the number for the month in which I conceived, the sum is an odd number

Convinced? Wait, put a hold on the pink paint orders, because it's most certainly a boy, given the following:
  • I didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy

  • I am carrying the extra weight out front (rather than in my butt--thank god.)

  • I am are craving cheese

  • My hands are very, very dry

  • And, perhaps the most incontrovertible fact of all: my pillow faces north when I sleep (except for it's kind of hard to decide what the "face" of my pillow is...)
For those of you who aren't convinced by the above facts, look for a post in 4-5 weeks with the results of our 20-week ultrasound! :)

2 comments:

  1. It all boils down to the face of the pillow thing. Thanks for doing this blog sis! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep using Matt's computer and gmail accounts, but he's not your sister at all.

    ReplyDelete