Saturday, May 5, 2007

D-D-D (3d) daddy

We can't do anything to the baby's future room until after my Qualifying Exams--I can't handle anything going out of place in the office this month when I'm working 24/7 to get prepared. So Eben found a fantastic way to channel his nursery excitement: last weekend he built a 3d model of the room in his PC and then modeled all the furniture. He could then arrange it lots of different ways in the room to confirm that everything we wanted would really fit. That gave us the confidence to go ahead and place our order (which won't get here for another 5-7 weeks, giving us plenty of time to be ready for it.

Here's a look at his work--it's much more impressive when you see it live with Eben moving you around the room. But you've gotta love the scale model of me!

This view shows the crib on the far wall and the changing table under the window:
another angle on it (with the fake me in a different place):

No comments:

Post a Comment