Saturday, August 18, 2007

the bun is not quite done

So as of yesterday's doctor's appointment, I have made a teensy tiny bit of progress (dilated 1 centimeter) but the general consensus of both motherly instinct and medical training is that our little baby won't be appearing this week (and likely not next week either, I'd add.) Of course, there are always surprises!

Everything else looks great--I have my amniotic fluid levels checked every week now after one low-ish reading about three weeks ago, but there's never been any problems since that one low reading.

I am finishing up with work for the near future--I had hoped to have my last day last week, but I ended up a few things lingering that I'd like to take care of on Monday. I can't wait to be done!

Just for your entertainment, here's a picture of a little baby gift we got today--our friend Mariana made us a fantastic quilt that was an astonishingly good match to the baby's room (which she hadn't seen.) She took it home to color-fast the dye, and in the meanwhile just "whipped up" these adorable onsies with little quilted details from her scrap pile. We have such crafty and talented friends and family--I can't believe it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment