Tuesday, September 16, 2008

vow of silence

I have been working lots. LOTS lots. This past month was my first month back on full-time, with nearly-full time babysitting to support that. Saturday I conducted a workshop training Los Angeles area teachers on how to use the curricula that I've been working on for the past year or two. Now these dozen teachers will all teach it as part of an NSF-funded study of its effectiveness. The training itself was a pretty big deal to plan and run, and it also necessitated getting a final version of the printed curriculum guide ready for production, planning some details of the actual study, etc. Meanwhile, Eben's game hit alpha the day before my training, so we've both been overly busy trying to squeeze in more work at night and on weekends. But we made it!! [sigh of relief here]

Unfortunately for me, that was just ONE of the hoops that needed jumpin'. I have to distribute a final copy of my dissertation proposal this week for my committee's review before my preliminary orals Oct. 2. So I have lots of loose ends to tie up in another big document, just a few hours after finishing the last one. I need a nap, a massage, a new hairstyle and probably a vacation. But I'd settle for a cup of coffee and a shower. :-)

Anyway, all this is I look forward to posting later this week about all Monroe's fun doings and learnings and sayings, but I must maintain a strict silence until I get my *$%^$ done.

Love,
M

1 comment:

  1. That's OK, Sunshine. I'm still content just looking at our little Breakfast Champion from last week. I hope you are able to rest a bit, and still get to smell the roses. We love you all very much.

    ReplyDelete