Monday, June 21, 2010

Family Place Name Fun


We've just returned home from a wonderful week-long vacation in and around Seattle, Washington. One of the wonderful things about our trip was that my parents (Randy and Audrey) were able to join us and make it a multi-generational road trip! We shared with them our love of National Parks and they shared with us their love of free babysitting. :-) Win, win, win!

I was totally tickled that our route between North Cascades National Park and Olympic National Park took us through a National Reserve called "Ebey's Landing." I call Eben "Ebie" all the time, so (despite the difference in spelling) he felt a sense of ownership. Imagine my surprise when I found that one small bay within Ebey's Landing National Reserve is actually called Monroe's Landing!!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that nice. I'm glad that you can take these vacations. Makes me recall that when we were young with one child, we couldn't afford to go anywhere but back to the old farm in TN.
    I'm so glad that you could enjoy the trip with Randy and Audrey. I mean that!

    Great Aunt Geneva

    ReplyDelete