Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Day of Preschool

We were all ready to go at about 8:30. Monroe used her new morning routine poster to get herself ready with just a little help.

The drive to Mount Olive Lutheran Preschool is 5-8 minutes longer than our drive to Parviz's family daycare was, but there are good bike lanes all the way so biking with daddy should still be an option.

Monroe was chatty and excited all morning, and very happy to carry her own lunch bag.

Yes, Monroe selected both stripes and polka dots for her first day of school outfit. Why choose?
Monroe was so excited to go and find her own cubby with her own name on it. She's had an few books in which kids go to preschool and they always feature a cubby with each child's name on it and she just could not wait to put her own lunch in her own cubby.

As predicted, Monroe immediately jumped into the flow of activity without a backward glance. While I was writing her name into the clothes I brought for her "extras" bin in the classroom, I overheard her saying, "Teacher Joanie, I fixed the chair. See, it was falled down and she (a classmate) wanted to sit in it so I fixed it up for her!" Too funny.

I can't wait to hear all about the big day when I pick Monroe up tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Talk about bringing back memories! I hope (and expect) today was as wonderful a day for Monroe as she was expecting.

    She is growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete