Friday, September 3, 2010

Monroe's Party, Part 1

Last weekend we celebrated Monroe's 3rd birthday with a small party in a local park. This was the first birthday for which she really got excited and developed expectations, so it was really fun to give her a party she truly enjoyed. We were so lucky that both my mom and dad AND our sister Naomi came to Los Angeles to be part of the festivities! A good time was had by all--I hope you enjoy looking at a few of the photos.

Monroe arrived by bike to the park where me, my mom, my dad, and Monroe's Aunt Naomi (all in town for the party!!) had been setting up. She was very excited when she caught sight of her decorations!


My favorite element of the decorations was probably the apples we hung from the trees in our area of the park. Each of the kiddo guests got their own apple with small prizes like stickers and fairy tale finger puppets. Finding and picking the apple with your name on it was a fun party activity for the little guests.



The kids enjoyed peanut butter and jelly sandwiches while the adults enjoyed flavors like Chicken-Apple BBQ.

About a month ago my mom and I collaborated on a party outfit for Monroe. She'd waited weeks to wear it and was very excited for her party to finally arrive so that she could don her beautiful Snow White costume. We grown ups didn't miss out on the chance to dress thematically: Eben bought me a Snow White t-shirt on his last trip to Disney land, and I convinced him to wear a "Prince Charming" name tag. Naomi donned Snow White colors and the trademark red-bow headband (my mom brought enough to share.) My mom completed the family ensemble with her clever not-to-scary Wicked Queen outfit.





1 comment:

  1. So cute! Wish we could have been there!

    Monroe is looking so grown up, it's amazing.

    Brian, Teresa, Elizabeth, & Eleanor

    ReplyDelete