Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Calendar 14 & 15: filler material time!

I have been in a little self-made cave working and working for the past two days to get the manuscript for my first solo-authored journal article out the door. In the meantime, Eben's been picking Monroe up from school in the afternoon (usually my responsibility) and taking her back to Naughty Dog, where she eats dinner and reads or watches videos while he finishes up at work. This may sound ho-hum to you or me, but rest assured that visiting at her dad's work is her FAVORITE THING TO DO IN THE UNIVERSE. I kind of get it, because I still remember how much I loved going to my dad's studio when I was little.

Anyway, with so much going on, I just stuck two little Christmas toys into the 14th & 15th pockets of the calendar. One was a fisher-price snow man who coordinates with some sledding children--we had fun taking the toys "sledding" on a slope of grass near the apartment in our balmy temperatures. The other pocket held two sturdy wooden ornaments which Monroe got to hang in her bathroom for decoration.

Now it's back to work for me!

1 comment:

  1. And I remember how much I loved having you and Amanda visit! I wonder if it is time to introduce Monroe to the studio environment?

    ReplyDelete