Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Calendar 7: Reindeer Games

Contrary to the appearance that may have been created by the steady stream of fun we've been having on our Christmas Calendar so far, I do, in fact, have a job. Other than the job of making Christmas more fun (a position to which I would be uniquely suited both in temperament and experience, nevertheless the North Pole has sadly failed to reply to any of my letters.) So of course there are some things in the calendar that are a bit less elaborate than others. Enter tonight's selection: "Play with the reindeer family."

The Reindeers are a set of soft toys my sister and I acquired at some point in the 1980s--probably by collecting them one at a time from some fast food chain. We gave them all names that started with "R" but I could not remember any of them when I saw them again last year at my mom's house. My mom was on the point of getting rid of them when I claimed them for our home, where they will now come out every year at Christmastime until they fall apart.

Featured members of the Reindeer Family (5 members total)

Amanda and I gave them all names that started with "R," but now the only one I can remember is the mom, named Rhonda no doubt after our beloved cousin. So after tonight's 2010 appearance of the clan, we've re-christened the little rest of the family: Reese & Ryan for the kids, and the older-sounding names Reginald & Rudy for the dad and uncle.

Uncle Rudy is the one you've got to keep an eye on.

1 comment:

  1. Update: They were hallmark and are now considered "vintage." Also, the Dad's name is Rodney.

    ReplyDelete