Thursday, June 19, 2008

nine years ago...

Nine years ago today I married a fresh-faced lad named Eben. Ten years, three homes, a few thousand grey hairs (on him, not me,) a couple dozen stretch marks (on me, not him) and a lot of happy shiny water under the beautiful bridge later and here we are. On the surface, it should be the most un-romantic anniversary ever. We aren't even in the same country! And we're both working so hard we've barely had a chance to talk. But somehow, it still feels like a really fantastic anniversary... I feel so proud of him and what he's doing, and he's so solicitous for the comfort of us gals here at home... these thoughts make me feel close despite the hassle and distance of this week. All in all, I think this is a great way to start our tenth year together.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to both of you on making such a wonderful life together! May you continue having a better life, and more wonderful anniversaries, and more remarkable days with your precious little girl! We love you all very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone can tell by looking at you and Eben together that it has been a beautiful nine years. I am so happy you found each other.

    ReplyDelete